types of types of CDI Rextor
m 1. Map 0 ~ 4 : Optimization fro the stock ignition curve (based on Dyno test)
d r 2. Map 5 ~ F : Used for modifie engine. Better to measure the performance using Dyno test o Ride
o test to get the optimum igniti n timing.
The product development of REXTOR Indonesia has made the simplest way to fine tune the ignition
curve. Completed with MSS (Map Selector Switch) and PPA (Pulser Position Adjuster) makes user easy
to adjust the ignition timing according to the engine requirement. With this innovation, user can adjust the
ignition timing (advance/retard) as a matter of seconds. The Rextor Adjustable CDI is a DC type CDI
which powered with Motorola Microprocessor 24 Mhz (0.001 degree accuracy) thus ensure this CDI
unit to produce good acceleration for Racing purposes and daily usage (street performance).
For any different engine specification, modification and environment always has different ignition timing
to bring the optimum performance. The Rextor Adjustable CDI has the ability to adapt to the following
1. Engine Specification or modification, for instance : bigger carb, bigger in/ex valve, porting, jetting or
muffler need different ignition timing than the stock ignition timing.
2. Weather condition in the race track, relative humidity, air pressure and temperature.
3. Octane Number, higher or lower octane number used also need different ignition timing.
The stock CDI has not the ability to adapt above circumstances because of the limitation of their
microprocessor system. In other way, the Rextor Adjustable CDI has been designed with Motorola
Microprocessor 24 Mhz which can stored up to 16 maps (ignition curve) in one CDI unit.
1. MSS ( Map Selector Switch) :
The Ignition timing can be adjusted using this switch. There are 16 different maps (ignition curve) for
different condition or purposes. Position 0 is for the stock ignition curve, and the position 1 ~ F has
different ignition timing which can be used for different setting.
2. PPA ( Pulser Position Adjuster ) :
This switch is used for ignition timing adjustment (Advance / Retard) with maximum value is 4 degree
without any mechanical modification to the stock ignition system.
3. Pulser Indicator :
The Red LED will light on that indicate the origin (stock) of pulser position.
The Rextor Adjustable CDI is using standard connector (same with the stock CDI Unit), so it makes
the installation process is very simple and fast, just replace the stock CDI unit with the Rextor CDI.
1. Working load (battery) : 10 ~ 23 volt
2. Current consumption : 0.35 ampere
3. Output Voltage : 270 volt
4. Microprocessor : Motorola 24 Mhz
5. Ignition Accuration : 0.001 degree
Important Note :
1. Wrong installation (using different connector or wiring cable) may damage the CDI unit.
2. User must ensure the battery condition (min. 12.3 volts) for ‘Total Loss’ Ignition System.
How Settin e CDI to g th
. M p Se c us MSS ap le t r Sw h) 1 a le tion ing (M Se c o itc
2. nition imi A jus nt u ing PP lse siti A jus e Sw h Ig T ng d tme s A ( Pu r Po on d t r ) itc
There are 16 maps which can be selected. The arrow is indicate the selected
map. Try to avoid any sharp edge object to rotate the rotary switch.
To Advance the ignition timing, turn the
switch to the Left (CCW : Counter Clock
Wise). The Red LED will light off.
Note : Please be aware with detonation or
knocking process (too advance).
To Retard the ignition timing, turn the
switch to the Right (CW : Clock Wise).
The Red LED will light off.
EXTOR R ®
precise your timing
DIGITAL ADJUSTABLE CDI
for sATRIA FU 150
User can adjust the ignition timing using this PPA switch. The maximum
value is 4 degrees advance/retard. The Red LED will light on to indicate
the origin (stock) pulser position.
2000 RPM 2500 RPM 3000 RPM 9500 RPM 10000 RPM10500 RPM13000 RPM21000 RPM